I’m in the process of setting up the integration between OpsGenie and Jira Service Desk (Cloud) and seem to have the two way communication nailed in that:
- OG will create a ticket in Jira for a new alert
- Comments in Jira get back to OG as notes
- Notes in OG get back to Jira as comments
- Ack’ing the alert in OG adds a note (see comment below)
- Closing the alert in OG resolves the ticket in Jira
A few comments though:
- From what I understand if there is a required field in Jira then OG cannot create requests? We are planning to make component selection mandatory so this could be a problem
- If I change the status of the ticket in Jira to say pending, is it possible to get OG to set the alert to acknowledge? Or will I need create a new transition in Jira?
- Despite the two way comms appearing to work, I get the error below in Jira ticket view, any ideas what could be causing this?