Inactivate a user without deleting them

Perhaps this is more of a feature request. I would like to see the ability to inactivate a user instead of having to delete them. If someone leaves our organization and I don’t delete them, I will continue to get billed. If I delete them, they are gone and the historical rotations show an empty space when this person was on-call. I would prefer to inactivate the user so the history remains intact but they can be taken out of the on-call rotations and not be billed. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ed,

Sorry for the long delay in answering. I took a look on this and indeed, we are just leaving an empty box in the final schedule after a user is deleted. It turns out this is how we designed the first version of the feature and it hasn’t come up yet every since then.

Instead of allowing an inactive state for the user, we could actually keep the name of the user in the schedule even after the delete action.

Do you think that would work for you?

I’ve crafted an item for our product team and pushed it to the backlog, I’m fairly positive that this will be accepted as an enhancement and eventually implemented. Thanks for pointing us to the problem, truly appreciated! Please let me know if you have concerns regarding the proposed solution.

Regards,

Daniel

@edz,

We’ve now added a Deleted Users tab under the Users menu. That means we don’t remove the users completely anymore but save their profiles under this new tab. We are also keeping not just schedule history, but all the logs intact, including the Activity Log of alerts as well as the Team level change logs.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us, great feedback! Hope you like the solution we came up with!

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this or anything else! :slight_smile: